Friday, July 27, 2012

pasar ramadan go go go


It has been nothing but stuffing myself with pasar ramadan's food. And of course, the real hunt is for puding raja, a well-known royal dessert made of banana, cashew nuts, prunes and cream custard sauce. This is like a staple food for me lah, since it is considered privileged to have one (since not many eateries sold it, and even if they do, it isn't good enough, well at least for my tastebud) . Being a pasar ramadan regular customer (every year without fail, mind you), you would simply know your favourite food joint , where would their stall be and definitely the taste won't change, hopefully, which is why you come back each year.

So promising myself this year would be all the same for the puding raja hunt. Since I was having the afternoon out in Kuantan and won't be coming back to college till late, I went for the stadium's 'pasar ramadan' food discoveries ( cewahhh kemain discoveries!) on one goal, finding 2 of my must wanted food- puding raja and murtabak pekan.

puding raja idaman kalbu kopak walletku (image taken from cloudymonday.blogspot)

Sadly, the puding raja stall ( i knew the stall, seems like they don't change the coordinate one bit since last year, amazing!), did not open for business. What a letdown!! Dari office dah meroyan-royan nak makan puding raja,sekali..... So have to settle for the other stall. The murtabak station, however, is still standing strong. By the time I made my way (which was actually a peak hour for the pasar ramadan business, 6 pm to be precise), there were queues so long it made me think twice to even standing there and placing my order. But my nafsu makan is a real winner, 20 minutes later then I got to tapau home the ever thick, ever juicy, ever pricey murtabak.

Oh ya, a box of puding raja as the picture above will set you for RM 5 , and the murtabak is RM 6. Then there's gulai daging kawah which I did not intend to buy but I bought anyway ( I was in a hurry, so I kinda did my shopping absentmindedly)-RM6. And of course the nasik,  and then the ikan percik coz I felt it won't be enough with just gulai kawah- RM5 and sugarcane juice, bout RM2

RM 24 for a day buka puasa session for a single eater!! Pheww macam bela jin.. hahaha.. but hey, u have been fasting a whole day so a little treat would be fine, wouldn't it? Not that I am going to spend this much everyday *guilty mode:(*

Anyway, I did come across the not so lucky day when the food you bought was...err.. inedible?

The was the day when I bought the gulai kawah daging  (different place, of course), which it wasn't meat per se, but loads of fat !! (sakitnyaaaaaaaa hati aku..sapa nak makan bahagian lemak!)

And there was the day when the kerabu perut I bought was so sweet I thought the cook purposely wanted it to be a dessert. Sweet kerabu?? So potong selera okey. Kerabu has got to be masam, got it?

Of course there was a day too when we flinched in horror seeing this one stall at the college's pasar ramadan, which some of the food (gravy and even fried), were full with these telur lalat, you can even point out the eggs to the owner (which we did). Yuck!!

Gosh..I should really have started my cooking session. Going to pasar ramadan really test your patience and your crazy food spending habit. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of helpful information. I have bookmarked your site.

ladyhermanas said...

Thank you, hope it helps u finding the good makan makan stuff;)

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought