Tuesday, August 14, 2012

15 years down the lane

Everytime I read about people (strangers..yea I stalked their blogs hehe) going for their school reunion and having a blast getting together with the old acquaintances, I simply wonder about mine, bile la aku nak gi reunion macam ni. Meet old friends, meet old enemies, meet old flings (eh?) and probably laugh mad seeing how everyone changes, physically of course, where everybody is having their own pot belly and feet of crows. Sneakily (more like emm..guiltily) I already had my fair share of giggles, seeing the pictures of the old mates plastered of their FB, especially those who I had crushed on (like, you are not that serious liking this guy while you were 15, aren't you????)

Howeverrrrr... when the invite comes for the Dermarian reunion, I was a bit apprehensive. Tiba tiba rasa tak seronok pun ada. I mean don't get me wrong, I believe I was in good terms with everybody I knew back in secondary school, but exactly why do people set up reunions like this? To catch up stories? To make efforts renewing the friendship?Honestly, not that I talked to everybody back in my school. But it does not mean that I am a snob.Arrogance is definitely not me .I am not sombong you know, it just that, logically you knew people by faces and names, but they might not be your talking buddies. Setakat hi here hi there, that's that. And to have reunions like this, you are expected to catch up stories. What stories? We never even had any stories when we were 15. I have nothing against gathering or reunion per se, I might even go if I have nothing else to do when the time comes:) But to be there formally, acting that you are smitten with everybody, well it's kinda hard to do.

Back when you were teenagers, you did have your own clique. The people where you can joke around and talk about anything, those people who did not hide behind walls or facades. Those people, whose after 15 years, are still being missed regardless where they are. These are the people that I want to meet, reunion or no reunion.True, outside the cliques, I do have wishes to meet few faces, but it has been too long and meet up will just call for an awkwardness.



Nevermindlah, yang penting I got to meet these bunch this raya:)

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought