Thursday, April 14, 2011

I am 8!


EIGHT YEARS BABY!


EIGHT YEARS...to be called an educator:)! Eight years that i am guiding my own direction, holding the profession since i was 23!My facebook is super fancy today, with the anniversary wishes from old mates who used to work with me in the same matriculation, and from some who already move to the different routes and paths.I am definitely in super jolly mood, knowing for the reason that i am holding, and breathing the responsibility of one of the noblest job in the world.And boy i don't have any regret to say the least. I am happy for who and what i am (emm..maybe not for some particular doleful moments), but honestly, i am blessed with my undertakings, to know that some people out there who still suffering from the job hunting process, and for me to be granted this job even before i graduated!Sweet, isn't it?

Though, personified an educator is not something to be taken for granted.Your nature of work needs you to be all knowledgeable, fun, lovable and stress-free.In short, you can't mirror whatever emotional turbulences you feel inside for the sake of those innocent faces you meet everyday in college.Those innocent faces who await for you to deliver another set of engaging knowledge.Fighting with your boyfriend and crying till the night ends? Or personal issues stressing out the brain till it numbs? Well, just need to cover those black , puffy eyes with some concealers and put the biggest smile ever and walk to the class with the confidence bigger than your miseries.The process of personality switching is not easy, but one has to do it.One who never has been trained, but learning it from experiences.

When i was still a teenager who had no definite ambition and whose goal changed every month, i silently made a self-declaration that a teacher wasn't something i intended to do.Or to give a thought about. No matter how much mom brought back stories about her cute experiences with those kids at the schools, or no matter how many presents she got every time there was Hari Guru Sekolah, i wouldn't move from my initial declaration.I despise being a teacher, seriously.It was something that spelled unglamorous, something that everyone could do.Where's the challenge of it , i asked. And i rolled my eyes everytime mom announced she was loved by the students because the students or the teachers remembered her even though she was no longer teaching or working with them.They did that just out of courtesy, didn't they?DIDN'T THEY?

And came 2003, i had to swallow my own self-made declaration.I have worn the name tag that i witnessed my mom put on every working day.I conducted the same work using the same language that my mom was so good at. I had the same smile and giddiness that my mom had when the kids bowled her over with the admiration and praises. I had the same cry that mom probably had over unfinished work related issue. And adding up, i hope i do have the same ethics that mom embraced throughout her professional years.And to answer my earlier question, is everyone entitles to be a teacher? Honestly, I doubt that.True, during my downiest moment, i had the urge to change my path to something more challenging, more extravaganza, and of course, pays monstrous. But it makes me think deep because of these..

I am an educator, maybe i am born to be one and there is nothing more jubilant to know that your unglamorous, small degree of work hopefully have helped hundreds, or maybe thousand of people achieving their dreams:).And to quote the wise words from Anas r.a, those who teach useful knowledge to others and for as long as the others practise the knowledge, are bestowed with pahala even after their demise.

happy 8th anniversary, and toast to another 27 years to come!


No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought