Monday, July 13, 2009

down the memory lane we went

i could not believe there is going to be the day that i would actually missing going back to studying.i mean..come on, studying is the last thing one would do, esp if the job u have actually brought you decent pay (note the word decent here, meaning being a lecturer won't guarantee u being superich)

mama keeps on asking me to go back and pursue my master, which im intentionally planning to.but life had been pretty hectic, crazier every day actually and studying would be the last thing i could muster.and yes, i have gotten myself few commitments to be completed, and try to do one thing at a time.

called me bookworm or a nerd for crying out loud but enduring exam pain was what my housemates and i always 'look for' (lip if u read this, u know i mean us back in block 6 akasia!).when one got up early to dig the nose into the book studying, the rest of the house were like being shot from the snooze and would rush to the table and did the exact thing.crazy!and just imagine during the exam week.people in my house were like robots.pot of coffees and papers and books were like everywhere.u read book, u eat book, u dream book.and when the results out?waiting the day itself was like a sudden, overpowering terror that actually made us not eating nor going out.to that extent!

i still remember the day when we were busily writing and completing the neverending thesis. i spent days doing the thesis, with the much sought after help from a very helpful guy friend of mine.god knows how lethargic myself at that time, where meal a day would sumhow be keropok lekor alone (yeah, i was being tied to a very tight budget..really money constraint..whats with the gas for the car, the printing papers, the inkjet for the printer, the stationaries bla bla bla.).i even kind of begging my supervisor to really check my thesis thoroughly before asking me to redo parts.i mean..this particular profesor cum my supervisor had this kinda habit to check one thing or part and asked me to redo, and when i was done on the part, he would go back to the first section of the thesis and much to my annoyance, would notice maybe one slight mistake and asked me to remodify the whole page. i mean like..come on!!but heck..that's what made degree year something unforgettably fascinating.

how i miss gettin up early, tramping to get the earliest bus possible
how i miss having breakfast at pakcik meja bulat while waiting for the morning class to start
how i miss sitting for quizzes and exams after the ungodly hours of revising
how i miss fighting for marks i merit for
how i miss having the stage jitters representing my points and ideas
how i miss carrying out presentation with eyes only on me.ME!
how i miss my life back in pppsec 18.

how i miss everything when life was just about wearing the matric card.

4 comments:

FauziahAbdulHalim said...

I think what we really miss is the care free life... no bills to pay, no boss to report to etc. But now, even if we continue studying, there will still be hp bills to pay, car loans, house loans, children to feed etc. Or maybe thats just me? :p

Good luck pursuing your masters!

ladyhermanas said...

i dunno..i just miss being a student.well..during my degree years that's it!ehhehehe

mokja said...

yes ,i believe you can.its time you move on for something brighter .its never too late .go for it girl.who knows you could be the 3rd one to have a Dr.in the family.

ladyhermanas said...

hehe..loan la dulu,buleh mami?

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought