Monday, June 20, 2011

the art of impart

Dealing with a 'stony-face' make me realize the utmost important thing..

Communication skill is not inherited, but learned.

And adding to that I might as well put this one too,

The way you communicate with people, regardless who you are, will bring you one notch higher in the society, or lower.

I don't know how other people learn to communicate (since everybody knows how to speak), but I learned mine through vigorous observation from people around me, consciously or not.My better teachers would probably these people I interact or interacted everyday in my life, be it parents, relatives, friends, 'frienemy' or even strangers I encountered unintentionally by chance. I might do mistakes myself in managing myself with other people, committing some error prior from my weak judgement. But I acquire, aware of what faulty that I have done so I would be better being in the future, and so my communication with other human beings can be done smoothly and delicately without leading to any misunderstanding.I know I do not deal with robot, and such, people I dealt with have feelings too.And amusing how good or bad communication easily trigger different feelings from people.These, as humble human who is still learning, learned of what kind of communication should be followed and to be avoided.

1)Eye contact.Looking people right in the eyes will only tell you one thing, that you are a brave persona, even though you are at the wrong side of the fight.It takes effort to look at one's eye and say whatever you want to say (even a simple SORRY), because then it will depict how honest you are with your feeling.

2)You do not have to yell to get your points crossed.I've learned this through my previous relationship.Probably the only way we communicate was by comparing how loud and shrilly we could be.Yelling when you're mad , nothing helpful about that.It doubles the shrillness.

3)It could only be one speaker in between you two.One has to end up being listener, and to listen well and be calm no matter how much you want to explode inside for just being a speaker.

4)After the good job being a listener, then we could reply sensibly to all the points debated.And mr/ms speaker, now is the time for you to shut the &*%^* up and take the listening seat:)

5)You do not need to argue right away with every opposite speech that your brain does not want to process.I argued greedily, it is my sore points and it still take me time to master the art of 'not arguing for the first 2 minutes' rule.

6)Stop doing everything that you do, at once, when people approach you with serious matters.It takes people's gut to come and see you and talk to you personally (your win), but such a loser for not taking their seriousness into account (your lose).You just make yourself look so vulnerable and weak by making yourself busy doing other tasks while those people is having 'serious conversation ' with you because seriously, you just look plain vulnerable, get it?

7)Say sorry and thank you.Is that hard to articulate these two simple words in your daily conversation?

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought