Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jakarta and Bandung post-mortem post


warning reminder:do not read if you can't stand lengthy babble.Or the outdated storytelling.And proceed if you always want to know about me.I do not mind.really:)

let's start the note by salivating now, shall we:)


mangga dua mall just right across the hotel


The AUTHENTIC stall.not a chance.


Ayam Goreng Suharti.The best ayam goreng in Bandung


The row of shoplots that left you breathless, and hyperventilated


Inside the Factory Outlet.Ralph Lauren must cry when he sees this


The model.The terminator I mean, really


Post-Mangga Dua Incident-explains the needs of water


No matter how horrific a year could get me, I always make sure that I have two travelling trips anywhere in the world, just for the sake of escapism.Why two you ask?Well, one is for family member travelling trip, and another one would be the best friend travelling trip.Darnnn, it makes me sound so uber rich lol!

So, for the family member travelling trip, me and the partner, we chose Jakarta and Bandung for the 3-day trip.Jakarta and Bandung because the money's cheaper, Ina hadn't been to any of these two and I wanted to shop cloths like mad.

We stayed in Jakarta for most of our trip, and Bandung was one day plan.Since we only had three days to shop and sightsee, time had to be spent wisely.Wise meant dragging the bags right after the arrival, straight to the shopping mall!Crazy I know, but it would be crazier to go and check ourselves in the hotel, and beat the craziest traffic back to the mall.It took us almost an hour just to get to the hotel, so we tried being a very good tourists by listening obediently to our taxi driver's instructions-not to go first to the hotel because it will be a massive traffic by lunch hour.Oh boy!So with the bags, and the oily face but soaring spirit, we went hunting stuffs at Tanah Abang.Managed to score few chiffon with astoundingly cheap prices that I almost wanted to spend all the money borong all the clothes *case of a mad woman went mad shopping madly :)*.

Got back to the hotel all restless, it was far more exhausted than I ever imagine, albeit being my second trip back to the busy city.Couldn't remember what Ina bought though, perhaps some knick-knacks or something like that.Haha I was too absorbed with my own findings I care less with my surroundings. After much rejuvenation, we dragged our feet back to the nearby mall, across the hotel, for dinner.I had to oppose Ina's idea to try the REAL AUTHENTIC indonesian meal served right from their cart.You go if you please, and don't blame me if you go all diarrhea later.So Pizza Hut it is.hahah, how more authentic could you get?

Second day-Bandung time.Need to catch the earliest van that will transport us to Bandung.Missed the first trip, so we had to wait for the second one, or the third (oh boy I couldn't believe I coaxed and purred an Indonesian guy to let us have the second trip!).Took us about 2 hours and a short break in their RnR to reach Bandung, and just like two lost kittens we had to find our own way to get to places in Bandung as I totally forgotten where the exact shoplots we had to go.Had the first stop in Rumah Mode (little bit overrated this place, and we just stayed for less than an hour-not much clothes appealing to the eyes, and ain't cheap either.OVERRATED as it is!).

As Ina wanted to score some jeans, and being a hopeless tourist guide this time around, I suggested we went to Heritage, at Jalan Riau.The only thing was, nobody knows where Heritage was.I couldn't even remember the exact location, but I did remember the selections of clothes were not that cheesy and sleazy.So we walked.Walked and walked and keep on walking.And because it was raining initially, the road and the drains were all clogged (imagine walking on its narrow roads where drain water kept on flowing like waterfall.Only blacker, and gross.).And up to one intersection where we couldn't move but stucked because the water flows heavily, and I WAS SPLASHED!Literally splashed from head to toe with drain water!!GROSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!.My jeans were soaked wet, my soles were all soggy and I couldn't even swallow my own saliva without thinking it was the drain water.Urghhhhh!!!!!!.So I dragged Ina to the closest shop I could find, bought a blouse and new jeans and wore it right here, right there.Gah!!so much of being an avid walking shopper.We did find Heritage in the end, but sadly they had made me cringed with the lowly quality and products.Got to the van terminal in time, and reached Jakarta at 9pm.The damage-jeans, t-shirts, blouses and some ego drained by the tank water.

You think with Bandung shopping trip we were happy as clams?No we were not, so we needed to satiate our needs at Mangga Dua Mall, just a walking distance to our hotel.Since the checkout was at 12, and the flight was in the evening, that would just give us ample time to hit the target.Soooo wrong!!The mall itself was huge, so Ina and I had to go our own way, with the plan to meet again at one of the shops after few hours (why did we agree to meet at the shop in the first place I had no idea.Mangga Dua has few blocks.And to get from one block to another, that's another mystery because you will get lost.And each block has few doorways and it's rather confusing come to think of it).So we thought we were so clever to get our own way, happily mending the shopping needs, shops after shops and when the few hours passed, I reverted back to the original meeting point, hoping I wont be that late so I wont miss Ina.30 mins, 45 mins, I couldn't still see her.The saleswoman who was mending the shop must look at me pitifully as I couldn't stop asking her.I even made the announcement in the reception centre!And it was so close to our check out time that I had to think deep, left Ina in the mall and dashed back to the hotel.That's where she will be in the end right as we knew the checkout time was at 12 and we had a flight to catch.So she had to go back to the hotel , right??She must listen to me telepathically, she had too!!!

I was literally puffing for air and about to ask the doorman about my sister, when he smiled smugly and patiently said

"adik mbak udah pulang ke hotel tadi"

Ohhhhhhhhhh telepathy!!Thank God thank God thank God it works!!(in the end it found out that Ina did wait, but in different block as she couldn't find her way back to the meeting point and she was lost and yeah.Telepathy works.).

So half and hour later, all sweaty and exhausted, we officially reached the airport, and spent the next 3 hours waiting for the scheduled flight.And silently declared that this won't be a 3 day break again, but a week or more:)

That's it.Thanks for not yawning, y'all:) LOL!!




1 comment:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought