Thursday, October 14, 2010

grumpy old you

I once believe that working with people requires you to be and have extra warmth, hospitality, attentive and of couse, abundant of patience!It isnt so bad if you are blessed with the nicest smile and sunshiny personality (grumpy people are so not welcome to mane the front desk please). You are dealing with people, and traits of people are diverse, could be pleasant and vice versa and being a frontdesk people, you can't complain when things aren't that great.It's your job, and your job is to serve people and assist them patiently, no matter how weary it makes you.And cursing on your customer just because she it hard and difficult definitely is not in your card!
I had my own worst experience last night, that left me dumbfounded and speechless to say the least.
It was about 9ish something at night when i finally made the shuttle van booking through AAExpress (the shuttle bus will deport us from GC Airport to Brisbane).When the booking finally made, it was the the 'time' that caught my attention (it said 1030 for both departure and arrival.Por que??i REMEMBERED checking every details thoroughly, so when the time slot recorded otherwise, i was all panicky. After all, the payment had been made .138 AUD actually for the transfer.) So panicking i was, i quickly punched the AAexpress malaysia headquater, simply forgetting it was close to 10am.
me:emm..hello, is this AAExpress?
grumpyolwomen:yeah
me:I would like to know whether ..
grumpyolwomen:Alooooo..u know or not what time is it in Australia???Its already late you knoww..latee..
me:uhh..uhhh...I (stammering)
grumpyolwomen:What is so important???Do you know what time is it there???aiiiiiyaaaaaa
me:uhh ..ohh..
grumpyolwomen:It's late you knowwwwww (all of sudden she reminded me of Dr ling's wife.Don't ask why.hahah)
me:uhh..is this Australian number im calling? (stupid question, of course i know it's MALAYSIAN number.But i was so caught up with her endless responses)
grumpyolwomen:Aiyaaa..nooo..but it's late in Australiaaaaaa.
me:... ...... ...
tuutttt..tutttt..tuttttt (okay i was run out of prepaid credit.Saved by the bell!)
Why did she have to be so edgy?That i called late at night?That she probably be ready going home but has to cater to my question first?
Silly, stupid receptionist.

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought