Friday, October 29, 2010

market






Those who know me well, know better enough of my penchant for night market and the usual, common, wet market. Ask me the day, and i'll give you the exact place where the night market is located, and it was rare to see me not going to night market, hunting for foodie:). And for those notified night market, when you frequented the places to0 often, finding good food that is well known to tastebud comes really easy, and it's not new when you make friends with those people mending the stalls.
Same goes to the market, wet market or whichever names you call it.My obsession on the market started way back when i was just a little toddler, probably in the age of 5 and i got my tok wan (my grandad) to thank for.Usually, two of us will ride on his bike, me on the back or sometimes on the basket upfront, basking the morning, chilly air, and hitting the market to find what my grandma ordered us to.And I saluted my tokwan for his impeccable knowledge of raw materials needed to whip out dishes.Tok ma would just say that she is going to prepare kari ayam, and that goes without her having to notify my granddad of what supposed to be bought.My atok just knew it by heart:).Going to market with him was like going to funfair for kids (hence, being a kid myself i could count how many funfairs did i go, in comparison of going to morning market!and the truth is, i do not really favor funfairs up till now.How bizarre!).Interesting enough, my dad follows his father's way around the market, even though my father indeed prefer pasar tani since it is just a stone throw from my house.
Now since i am going to the land of koala..again (ehem!), the first thing i told my sister is to find us a good market, be it a morning or night market, since i want to experience going to the market apart from my own homeland.To be mesmerized by the arrays of exquisite food that only being sold in Mercato or Cold Storage perhaps, and to sit down on the sidewalk cafe, nibbling on the fresh bread watching people do their mornin routine (oh oh, this is not the market we are talkin about, :)I so cant wait, and aten gives me words that the first thing we gonna go upon landing is to buy food stuffs in the Saturday morning market.Yippey!!

Can't believe going to the market can be this exhilarating.

ps:i got my wish and those pictures are the proof i went to the market.YEYYY

1 comment:

mokja said...

OOOOit dan lagi dok mesmerising childhood days with tok Saad ya.
Anyway,happy market day in Brisbane.jalan baik baik tau.

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought