Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the 14th

Yeah, it's 14th February. Where people go crazily buying flowers, expressing undying love unconditionally (which pretty much bizarre to just pick a day and say 143) and becoming all ostentatiously affectionate. Well, for yours truly, it's like any other day, co exception. Waking up, getting ready to work, working like mad, going home and sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Nak valentine valentine hapanye.

During my ignorance year, even I wasn't a believer of celebrating-love-in- a- day event, pernah jugak gatal gatal asking my then boyfriend to buy me flowers. Yeah I did hard work on that, giving hints here and there and thought he grew tired of me pestering him so he bought it anyway. Okay, sangat suka, but then, that's all lah. Suka bunga je pun, not the day itself. The excitement and the novelty died very soon after. Going out for dinner for the occasion? Do you know how much it costs for a couple dinner on the 14th Feb? A bomb! And what did you get? More couples having the same menu and paying the same ridiculous price. So where's the excitement?

And post-ignorance years, I started to do a lot of reading, gauged myself in a lot of therapeutic reading materials and inhaled deeply in regret, to know that I celebrated the day for people to remember St Valentine. Memang la tak berarak sampai macam tu sekali, but the history of and the idea of remembering him through this particular day, astagfirullahal azim.. May God forgive me as I have sinned. Biarlah tak cool, tak best and tak ikut trend pun, I have enough of these hoopla.

Baik taruh duit beli KFC kan kan?

2 comments:

Faten said...

jyeahh what's with V Day? is it the only day you commemorate your love towards a human being? Flipped through the newspaper today,saw rm 400 for 10 stalks of Hollands' tulips.Choyy!

ladyhermanas said...

that is why bebeh. what a waste..

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought