Friday, February 17, 2012

the posting part 1

Since Aten got her posting result already, it brought me back to the memory of my own posting, almost 9 years ago. Gitu...9 tahun..berasap dah dok kat sini rupanya. Berasap, tapi tak lemau:). How did my experience go anyway?

I think it was in 2003, sebulan lebih jadi penganggur kurang hormat (maklumla asyik nak habiskan beras kat rumah je. Mesti mak aku bosan, dak gitu mama? he he). One day a fella told me that we could contact KPM as the result was out. Dub dab dub dab..the heart was pounding crazily when my call being answered.

"tahniah ye, nama cik ada di bahagian matrikulasi dan akan di hantar ke matrikulasi kedah"

YEYYYYYYYYYYYY..mau tak makcik nak melompat kuat-kuat. Terus rasa nak skipping skipping gembira keliling rumah. Ha ha..Dah la matrikulasi, dapat kat Kedah pulak tu! Couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the day. Bestnyeeeeeeeee dapat utara, dah la tak kena ngajar sekolah wow wow wow...!!!

Or so it seemed like I was the luckiest girl ever. When the official letter arrived, in capital letter, bold and clear, my name was printed next to the posting area, the name of another state in east coast region instead of Kedah! The only state in Malaysia that I never stepped my foot on. OH.MY.GOD. And my mind went spiraling crazily. Mana bolehhhhh..kata Kedah!! How am I supposed to live? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! This is definitely a catastrophe! And even after much quarreling and angry dispute with KPM people and of course abah, it had been finalized.

I was officially posted to the east coast region. Bye bye dream, hello the unknown! Sob..sob..

So, I boarded abah's old Vanette, along with the parents, siblings, my late angah and both of my grandparents. Oh boy, I brought the entourage who definitely not sharing the feeling of despair. Seriously, they enjoyed the day long trip, even salah jalan turun naik Genting (nobody in the family, it turned out, ever made it to this particular state of the East Coast and ingat jalan ke Genting would be one way leading to the place). And I, the victim, kept gulping and gasping for air. There was no highway, just a long winding road, lead to inevitable destruction of my life. And yeah, so much for the jungle on the roadsides.

I did not want to be there. Not in my lifetime.

Little that I know I was about to undergo the biggest change of my lifetime.

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought