Friday, February 17, 2012

the posting part 2

After 12 hours, few pit stops and one uncertainty (sapa lagi, aku la), the entourage finally reached the place. Checking in at Seri Malaysia Hotel and would pay the visit at the workplace tomorrow morning. Penat tak abes lagi, dah kena mendaftar kat tempat kerja (masih merungut-rungut sebab tak puas hati kes Kedah posting)


the long gone Vanette, my familia and my late angah.

But my resentment and bitterness changed once I saw the college. It was so serene, bare, but unruffled. I was in love. Jatuh cinta. Hilang semua rasa negatif, rasa was-was, rasa sakit hati kena rejek di posting asal. This was where I am going to find my rezeki, and despite being far away from home, I can feel this could be my home, too.


it's really a bare land i know, but this is my heaven


First week duduk kuarters tak payah cakaplah. A real survivor I had been. No electricity initially as we were the first tenant and TNB took days to complete the installation. Maka, menapaklah aku and the housegang pi carik sumber elektrik. Nak iron baju uolsssss..!!. Mai malam ja, berbondong-bondong la iols dengan Cuda kiri kanan tangan pegang hanger baju. Eh, berbondong- bondong nak ke mana tu?


inilah rumahku syurgaku yang sungguh la bare gila. Semua melepek kat lantai sebab panas, takde elektrik ha ha. Ni hari pertama masuk rumah nih


Pegi surau kau! Orang pegi beribadat, aku pi pinjam karen nak iron baju. Ha ha..Itu satu hal, hal lain pulak, it was a priviledge for you to have a transportation. Being a fresh grad student at that time, we didn't, or I rather say, I didn't have any savings. Having a car or any means of transportation was just a dream. An exclusive priviledge. So my mode of transportation, to and from office, was walking all the way. And I walked for a year, before I could finally afford a small car which I love till death.

So there, the remembrance of my posting. It wasn't really a poignant story. Not much drama, but for me, it is a change, a reversal from being just a girl who might be depending way too much on people around here, to a person who can engage in everything, whatever it will be. Even if this wasn't my first dream to be here, it is still, and for long, be one of the best dream in my life.



the college, these days, not so bare anymore, isn't it?

7 comments:

Faten said...

Darling,
haha,teringat balik kenangan hantaq cikolin ke Pahang without the highway.Ponat weh...anyway its the Serina lah yang ooi.Vanettte tu lamaaa lagi dah.....mama

Anonymous said...

can i know the name of this college, where is it? surveying for my children's schooling. thanks.

ladyhermanas said...

ahahahhahhahha..aiyo how could i forget ??yeah it was serina, not vanette ahhaa

ladyhermanas said...

dear anon, it is a government college on the east coast. How old is your child if i may ask?

Anonymous said...

i have children from age 5 to age 20. would love to send them to serene, bare, unruffled environment away fr hustle bustle of cities.
sincerely thanks,
mumana

ladyhermanas said...

dear anon,
where i am teaching now is exactly a matriculation college, you can enroll your kids once they finish their secondary level.do come and join the college. the matriculation is under the kementerian pendidikan malaysia

Anonymous said...

u have not told me the name of the college, where is it? does it accept foreigners? I m staying south, just after JB.

mumana

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought