Monday, January 23, 2012

enter the dragon


salah horoscope daa..saja suka interprem minah ni



cenonet je dragon mr.google nih. ahhh belasahhhh


Happy Yee Sang everyone!!

It is a dragon year and according to the Chinese belief that it will be such a fruitful year because dragon itself is the divine beast that it brings you good fortune and those who were born in the dragon years are to be respected and honored. Wow..trust me..it's going to be one lots of wedding and social functions this year. And newborns too.

Of all the festivals celebration, I grew up being fond of Chinese New Year celebration. Since abah's job demanded him to get acquainted with his Chinese suppliers, visiting their houses during Chinese New Year was a custom for each, quite commonly each year. I remembered Uncle Kiong and Uncle Chow, who never failed to give us boxes and boxes of oranges, and angpows too. The two rounded-faced fellas, ones of the first Chinese society that I get to know fondly. One who always like to echo his hello everytime I answered his calls. One whose hello sounded funnily like helllllooooooouuuuuuuu...!(trust me, it will be funnier if you could listen to it yourself)

And my working environment, I have and had closest unit of family who consist of Chinese ladies too. Who again, never fail to deliver rounds of oranges every year. And my classmates when I was 17, whom mostly Chinese but were Malay than a Malay ourselves. It was when we bought greeting cards and started making delivery for every Chinese friends we knew in school. Wonder why we are no longer sending out cards, anyway??

So coming today, I am going to follow and continue the tradition, of visiting the land where the community will be coz I'm off to Penang y'all!!

Gong Xi Fa Chai!!

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought