Monday, January 16, 2012

soul-searching

Yesterday, somebody texted me. He texted me almost everyday actually, basically just to greet and say hi. He is somebody that i know for the past 5 or 6 years, and how could we maintain that 5 to 6 years of friendship? Well, we are not romantically involved, that's why. Men can be scary when they start developing feeling towards you, they get greedy and all lusty. Okay enough of that. Sure he texts me almost everyday, but yesterday, it was different.We talked talk.

He told me he was at Marina Barrage, a place he brought me one night when i was in Singapore. A place suits any human well to do some soul-searching thought. True enough, he was there for a bit of self-reflection. Of life and whatever comes in between. Said he was dealing with his f***ed up life, where everybody is pressing on him to be somebody and how life in Singapore is all about money, materials and who's who by the time you're 40. I know he was depressed, he never was like that, i mean opening up. So i told him, that is his life, nobody can have a say and make a decision for him. People who can't stop bossing other people's life is one short of better things to do. In the end you cannot please everybody around you.Or you can't stop pleasing them, they will never convince. So again i say, life is not a life if things are too easy on you, and he agreed, despite being miles away, I know he nodded in agreement.

And later we talked about marriage, about how difficult it is to be in the society where you considered crippled for not being into one. Admitted that i hate my society. And it was time for him to console me with his words.He said,

'I always believe that I rather get married late and make it a beautiful marriage even if its the last 10 years of my life rather than getting married my whole life and having to suffer with each others' insecurities, attitude and having not enough enjoyment while they were younger'

I was stunned. It was beautiful, for someone who never speaks up about his thoughts, this is beyond inhibition. I was taken aback, in such a good degree.There are truth in his simple texts.

And for that, i thanked YOU

No comments:

the other ramblers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
just a normal average jane who loves to sleep n write whatever comes across her mind.

of the gibberish ramblings and the thoughtless thought